[arch-dev-public] RFC: Dropping -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE from packages using cmake

Antonio Rojas arojas at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 11 18:44:41 UTC 2018

El domingo, 11 de marzo de 2018 19:11:13 (CET) Bartłomiej Piotrowski via arch-dev-public escribió:
> Sounds good. I'm also surprised that it's how it works, honestly. Are
> LDFLAGS taken into account regardless of CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE? Will there a
> to do list to track the progress?

Yes, linker flags work the same way: CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS is taken from the env LDFLAGS and then the different build types append stuff to it (Release doesn't seem to add anything here). If everybody agrees with the change, I'd prefer mass-removing it from svn - I'd rather not add yet another huge todo list that will be sitting there unfinished for months.