[arch-dev-public] New build server in the US?

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Sat May 19 23:06:57 UTC 2018

On 20 April 2018 at 01:19, Florian Pritz via arch-dev-public
<arch-dev-public at archlinux.org> wrote:
> We already have a second build server (sgp.pkgbuild.com) which is hardly
> used.

That's mostly my fault. I had requested that server down in SEA but did not
resume my activities. Otherwise, I would've been building stuff all
the time with
the sub-100ms latencies, which is real-time now compared to the
2-300ms I get on Soyuz.

But I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who benefits.

> Some feedback on how people use soyuz would probably help a lot here.
> What are your build times, how quickly do you want the result, do you
> need to see live output, does the latency to the machine matter
> (interactive usage?), ...?

I also use(d) the build server non-interactively with scripts for pushing and
queuing packages for builds, pulling them, signing and releasing.
I intend(ed) to do the same on sgp, although I was more excited to
stay logged in.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1