[arch-dev-public] [arch-dev] State of OCaml-Update (stuck by deprecation of camlp4)

Jürgen Hötzel juergen at hoetzel.info
Tue Aug 6 17:21:11 UTC 2019

Hi,

Unfortunately it is not possible to compile camlp4 with OCaml >= 4.08.

But some well known packages depend on this preprocessor. E.g. :Haxe,
lablgtk2 (therefore also: Unison and Coq).

I don't see that these projects will be migrated to camlp5 or ppx in the
near future. Therefore there are only 2 options from my point of view:

1. OCaml-4.07 and Ocaml >= 4.08 in [EXTRA].
2. removal of Haxe, lablgtk2, Unison and Coq.

I prefer 1. What do you think?

Same issue discussed on Debian Bug Tracker: