[arch-dev-public] [arch-dev] State of OCaml-Update (stuck by deprecation of camlp4)

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue Aug 13 03:35:43 UTC 2019

On 8/6/19 3:22 PM, Eli Schwartz wrote:
> BTW in addition to haxe and lablgtk2, there is also lablgl, which I need
> for llpp -- but I don't really know ocaml as a programming language so I
> don't know if that can be easily migrated to something new; also, it
> seems to be kind of "feature frozen" (read: dead).
>
> llpp also has a makedepends on camlp4 but that's an accident, so I fixed
> it in svn trunk.

[...]

> So the only blocker would seem to be lablgl, which is my package used as
> a makedepends for one other package. Again, I don't really know much
> about ocaml, but it *seems* like changing the makedepends to camlp5 and
> using the following sed line in prepare() lets it successfully build:
>
>     sed -i 's/camlp4/camlp5/g' \
>         LablGlut/src/Makefile \
>         Togl/src/Makefile \
>         src/Makefile
>

> Would love some confirmation if this is right.

Update: upstream moved to github and released lablgl 1.06 with support
for camlp5 and architected so that even that is only necessary when
changing the source code (so neither one is needed in the PKGBUILD).

As such, I've dropped the dependency and updated the package.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User