[arch-dev-public] Orphaning crypto++

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Wed Dec 11 21:12:34 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 06-12-19, Maxime Gauduin via arch-dev-public wrote:
> Hi Baptiste,
>
> Since I have 2 packages depending on it, I may have to take it off your
> hands.

Thanks for the proposal, having a maintainer that actually uses the
package will be a real improvement over the current situation!

> That said, I've been considering dropping clementine to AUR for a
> while. It needs a lot of patching, is built from an unstable qt5
> branch, and has a lot of better alternatives, including a fully
> featured qt5 fork named strawberry.
>
> rbutil is another beast, they release once every 10 years and crypto++
> was introduced in the very latest that was released less than a month
> ago. I don't think there's a solution for this one.

I had a look and indeed, rbutil really needs crypto++:

  https://git.rockbox.org/?p=rockbox.git;a=commit;h=dbeb6db1b55a50dedf17e7d78ddb6fe9eebc2a63
  https://git.rockbox.org/?p=rockbox.git;a=commit;h=8b3f5a8ad7434850804a4a664d2b07c6ffa9b1c7
  https://git.rockbox.org/?p=rockbox.git;a=commit;h=759a78e5dff134f2632875f61aae60815eea6f5b

So, if you want to keep rbutil, crypto++ should indeed stay in our
repositories as well.

Baptiste