[arch-dev-public] libx11/xorgproto dependency

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Sat Dec 21 17:47:39 UTC 2019

On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 at 18:13, Jan Alexander Steffens via
arch-dev-public <arch-dev-public at archlinux.org> wrote:

> We now have many packages that want libx11 but say nothing about *proto,
> yet they now need xorgproto as a makedepend.
> Even worse, this extends further downstream, and packages building against
> GTK now also need a makedepend on xorgproto.

I also noticed tumbler was deciding to disable its poppler plugin at
build time; adding xorgproto to makedepends fixed it. So this can
cause silent change of build options too, in the case of auto-detected
features.

@Andreas: Can you go ahead and add xorgproto back to libx11? Better to
have 1.5 MiB of headers installed than add seemingly unrelated
xorgproto build dep to packages failing to build or have features
suddenly going missing from packages.