[arch-dev-public] zstd rollout complete

Robin Broda arch-ml at coderobe.net
Fri Dec 27 15:31:22 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

We have just tested and released everything necessary for zstd packages in our repos.

Right now, the updated devtools is still in [testing],
but our preliminary testing shows that nothing immediately combusted on release, so I'm confident.

Once it has left testing, packages built with devtools will automatically use zstd with the correct options.

There is no intervention necessary, this should be an essentially transparent process.

Happy packaging and greetings from 36c3.

--
Rob (coderobe)