[arch-dev-public] Edit /etc/php/php.ini config file in chroot

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue Feb 12 20:21:01 UTC 2019

On 2/11/19 1:17 PM, NicoHood wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using devtools to create a package with php scripts. It uses
> composer to build the package. I get the error:
>
> The requested PHP extension ext-iconv * is missing from your system.
> Install or enable PHP's iconv extension.
>
> This can be solved by editing the config file and add:
> extension=iconv
>
> The config file is only accessible by root. How do I edit this config
> file within the PKGBUILD if its build by devtools? Any idea?

Hmm, I didn't realize this was the VIP support channel for packaging
issues, would likely expect that on aur-general. :/

I'm anyways not sure why you'd wish to exclude 99% of all arch users
from answering your question.

Like any other package, this PKGBUILD cannot invoke things as sudo or
try to mess with the system. Whether it is used via devtools or not, is
not the point.

The standard solution is to investigate language-specific mechanisms for
running with a different config file...

php --help lists two likely options. Pierre has already mentioned one of
them.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User