[arch-dev-public] Python 2 modules

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Feb 17 21:07:42 UTC 2019

On 2/17/19 4:23 AM, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 17/2/19 10:37 am, Eli Schwartz via arch-dev-public wrote:
>> On 2/16/19 4:36 PM, Christian Hesse wrote:
>>> Allan McRae via arch-dev-public <arch-dev-public at archlinux.org> on Sat,
>>>
>>> The list contains optional dependencies. How to handle these?
>>
>> I see no conceptual difference between optional dependencies and hard
>> dependencies. Both are equally deserving of being in the repos for the
>> sake of providing dependent functionality to other packages.
>>

> Yes - this was a quick pass list.  There is probably a bunch that should
> not be removed and a lot more that could be removed...

Here's the list, filtered for optdeps

$ comm -23  <(curl https://www.archlinux.org/todo/die-python2-die/json |
jq -r ".packages | .[] | .pkgname" | sort -u) <(expac -l '\n' -S '%o' |
grep ^python2 | sort -u) >  py2-leaf-no-optdeps

https://paste.xinu.at/3ICChC/

I haven't checked makedepends or checkdepends as there's no convenient
way to get this information from the db.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User