[arch-dev-public] Proposal for a new organisation structure

Christian Rebischke Chris.Rebischke at archlinux.org
Sun Jun 2 03:55:37 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jun 02, 2019 at 01:07:12PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 2/6/19 9:08 am, Christian Rebischke via arch-dev-public wrote:
> > 1. Simplified repositories
> >
> > Currently we have [core], [extra] and [community]. These three
> > repositories are there, because they have grown to this structure over
> > time. At the moment I don't see any real meaning for the split of [core]
> > and [extra]. So one suggestion would be to either:
> >   - merge [extra] and [core]
>
> I stopped reading here.   If you don't understand the difference between
> [core] and [extra], you should ask.  Particularly before proposing the
> removal of [core].
>
> Allan

Hi Allan,
I didn't propose the removal of [core], I proposed a discussion around
the current repository and organisation structure. Merging [core] and
[extra] is just one of many ideas. If you have something to say, please
do so and don't keep your secret. I would be glad if you could share it.

chris