[arch-dev-public] Dropping dingo from [community]

Felix Yan felixonmars at archlinux.org
Thu Jun 27 07:43:37 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I have removed dingo the Google DNS-over-HTTPS client from [community].
The upstream is inactive for years and supports Google only.

I would recommend dns-over-https [1] instead which has support for
multiple protocols and is still actively maintained.

Note that Google announced [2] yesterday that they recommend to use the
newer IETF protocol (at a new endpoint), which is also the protocol of
all other major DoH providers (CloudFlare, Quad9, etc).

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/dns-over-https/
[2]
https://security.googleblog.com/2019/06/google-public-dns-over-https-doh.html

--