[arch-dev-public] A contrib repository

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Wed Mar 13 22:46:10 UTC 2019

There is a *lot* of small tools people have written over the years that resides
in bin/ directories which could be useful for more people. We also have several
such tools on soyuz, where sogrep was added to devtools this week.

I have been thinking it could be great to have a simple `contrib` repository
where every team member has commit access. This could work as a staging area for
tools we would like to promote to `devtools` later on.

We could maybe sort this into directories for its purpose:
* packaging
* security
* devops
* testing
* bugwrangler
* misc

Tools that can be added here is the `ch` scripts from Bluewind, and the pkg-*
tools eli has created. I also have some tools to look for pkgname in archweb,
check them out from svn and check them against a nvchecker file.

This would hopefully give us a space where we can experiment with new maintainer
tools in a collaborative manner. I'd love to hear some feedback or thoughs on
this!

--
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16