[arch-dev-public] A contrib repository

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Thu Mar 14 08:21:22 UTC 2019

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 09:14:22AM +0100, Christian Hesse wrote:
> Morten Linderud via arch-dev-public <arch-dev-public at archlinux.org> on Thu,
> 2019/03/14 01:02:
> > This is why we have talked about adding gitolite to host these repositories
>
> I've wanted to propose this a long time ago...
>
> In fact you can give every user full access to it own area in every
> repository, while important branches are still protected. I have several git
> servers that use something like this:
>
> repo devtools
> 	RW+					= admin
> 	RW+	personal/USER/ general/		= @all
> 	RW	master$ develop$ refs/tags/	= @devtools
> 	R					= @all
>
> -> admin can do everything
> -> random user 'foo' can do everything in personal/foo/ and general/
> -> random user 'bar' can do everything in personal/bar/ and general/
> -> members of group 'devtools' can push to master and develop and push tags,
>    but forced push is denied
> -> random (authenticated) user can read everything

Yep!

Here is the proposed patch set compared to an outdated master branch:
https://github.com/Foxboron/infrastructure/compare/foxboron/git

It was put on hold as there is a cgit vs gitlab dicussion in relation to the
svn->git migration. But lets not derail the `contrib` repo discussion :)

--
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16