[arch-dev-public] Follow-up on the “Proposal: minimal base system”

Bartłomiej Piotrowski bpiotrowski at archlinux.org
Mon Mar 18 14:28:06 UTC 2019

On 18/03/2019 09.18, Gaetan Bisson via arch-dev-public wrote:
> [2019-03-18 08:39:45 +0100] Bartłomiej Piotrowski via arch-dev-public:
>> I asked Bruno to start another round as previous thread is way too long
>> for people who missed the party to catch up.
>
> So some of us have taken the time to discuss this issue just a month ago
> but because it's too much to read for you we must start all over again?

I am sorry for bringing forth an idea of recapping what we agree or not
agree upon after hearing that the thread could be too long for bystanders.

> We currently have a base group that you're not happy with. Levente and
> Bruno suggest to update its package list and/or maybe make it a meta-
> package. From your perspective that would be no better and no worse than
> the current situation, right? So I don't see why you are against this
> change but if you are please tell us what concretely you propose we do?
It will be later leveraged to vouch for implicit or transitive
dependencies. If you consider it independent topic then fine, I'm happy
to bring it up as "but that's unrelated" counterargument in the future.

Bartłomiej