[arch-dev-public] Dropping nvidia-340xx series

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Thu May 16 21:56:10 UTC 2019

Hi All,

As you might be aware, this last kernel broke (again) the nvidia-340xx driver. Usually
when this happens, it delays our kernel or we end up pushing a kernel without the driver.

We have to wait on nvidia to fix it or we have to use patches that are not always trivial,
nor there is enough people working on them.

Up until four months ago, however, I was always testing this on actual hardware. But, that
machine do not have a monitor on it anymore. And, the card itself is troublesome, it sometimes
make the whole machine crash when it heats.

Having said this, I'm going to orphan the package in a couple of weeks, if nobody is interested
in maintaining it. But, I would propose this package get dropped to the AUR so someone with the
actual hardware can maintain it.

P.s: Ironically I used the (almost) exact subject Felix use almost 3 years ago when proposing this.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini