[arch-dev-public] GCC 9 removed from [testing]

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun May 26 20:39:52 UTC 2019

On 5/26/19 12:51 PM, Bartłomiej Piotrowski via arch-dev-public wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just deleted GCC 9 and related packages from [testing] due to the
> filesystem corruption bug when bcache is used[1]. You will have to -Syuu
> your systems.
>
> People hungry for breakage can install it from [gcc9] repo I uploaded to
> pkgbuild.com:
>
> [gcc9]
> Server = https://pkgbuild.com/~bpiotrowski/gcc9/

Question: are you going to set up an archbuild alias on soyuz/dragon for
this, the way you did for gcc8? (Which reminds me, those archbuild
aliases still exist and could be deleted).

Also please bump the pkgrel for these packages as they were currently
just cp'ed from testing. dbscripts knows how to auto-reject uploaded
packages built with your repo, as long as the gcc/binutils/etc.
pkgver-pkgrel are new and thus do not appear in the archives.

(This will not help for someone who is building against an outdated
[testing] chroot, so yeah, those need to be refreshed.)

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User