[arch-dev-public] Looking for an Arch ISO maintainer

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Mon Nov 11 12:40:14 UTC 2019

Em novembro 9, 2019 8:03 David Runge escreveu:
> On 2019-11-08 10:22:44 (+0100), Jelle van der Waa wrote:
>> To be completely honest, I am not sure what maintenance archiso
>> requires but there are a few things I would love to see:
>>
>> - Proper CI / automated testing of the archiso
>
> I agree and was surprised to see, that we don't really have that yet.
> Automated testing of archiso actually sounds pretty interesting, albeit
> challenging.
>
>> - Reproducible archiso (patches on the mailing list) [1]
>> - Support secure boot [2]
>> - Accessibility improvements (patches available on the mailing list) [3]
>
> I worked on a blocker around this topic (i.e. brltty).
>
>> Please reply if you are interested in becoming an archiso maintainer,
>> so far Alad has shown interested.
>
> I'm not exactly blessed with plenty of free time, but I'd be interested
> in giving it a go.

Hi All,

Love to see a lot of people stepping up to help with archiso. Perhaps we
should do feature hunts more often, even for projects that have maintainers.

But, we still don't have anyone wanting to become the actual maintainer of
archiso to help implement these changes.

I don't really see archiso being a handful as it is now. But, that might change
with these features being introduced. Whomever takes it, should be able to cope
with that.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini