[arch-dev-public] [arch-devops] soyuz (pkgbuild.com) server move to homedir.archlinux.org

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Nov 18 14:40:22 UTC 2019

On 11/18/19 1:34 AM, Sven-Hendrik Haase via arch-devops wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I set up a new Hetzner VPS that is going to become our new
> homedir/public_html server available to all TUs and Devs like soyuz was. We
> decided to decommission soyuz and put the public_html stuff on its own
> server for security reasons, to cut costs, and so that we can
> compartmentalize further.

[...]

> If you had stuff hosted in the public_html of soyuz, I'd ask you to
> transfer stuff over to the new box which is already reachable at the names
> pkgbuild.com (you'll get an SSH error because of this) and
> homedir.archlinux.org. Please check if you can throw away some old
> stuff/junk that you might not necessarily need on the new server.

Reminder for those who forgot how they initially made their homedir
accessible:

setfacl -m 'u:http:x' "$HOME"

And make sure that public_html/ has granted chmod o+rX permission for
the http user, and, optionally, that any super secretive files directly
under $HOME are chmod o-rwx to prevent the http user from guessing they
are there and attempting to read them by name.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User