[arch-dev-public] Python 3.8 rebuilds

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Thu Oct 31 15:32:59 UTC 2019

On Fri, 25 Oct 2019 at 14:34, Evangelos Foutras <evangelos at foutrelis.com> wrote:

> For the next few days we'll be doing (semi-automated) rebuilds for Python 3.8.
>
> Please avoid adding new Python packages and starting other rebuilds
> during this time.

Quick update: The rebuild is taking longer than expected, mainly
because some packages are failing their check() function.

One more thing to note (as an unlucky dev independently discovered today):

Some PKGBUILDs were modified in /trunk to use the Python 3.8
site-packages path (among other tweaks). Building those against Python
3.7 might fail or produce incorrect packages. The affected packages
are listed in the following two commits and care should be taken when
updating them while the Python rebuild is ongoing.

* https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-commits/2019-October/656512.html
* https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-commits/2019-October/656531.html