[arch-dev-public] RFC: go-pie removal in favour of GOFLAGS

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Sun Apr 19 22:32:18 UTC 2020

Yo!

After being lazy for a few weeks, I got around to writing the new guidelines for
Go packages. Currently it's a draft and I'd love if people read through it and
ack/nacked

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Foxboron/Go_packaging_guidelines

The current changes is dropping anything pre-1.11 completely. I don't see the
need to detail the GOPATH hacks as new packages should be using go modules, and
existing packages is moving to go modules.

The other changes is explicitly listing up the needed CGO_* variables needed.
Levente pointed out CGO_CFLAGS is still needed for FORTIFY_SOURCE, so for the
sake of completeness it's all listed.

I have also removed `-mod=vendor` from the default listing in `prepare()` as
Anatol wasn't fond of the idea. I'm still unsure if we really want this as we
would be willynilly downloading sources in `build()` and `check()` during
packaging. Opinions welcome.

If anything is confusing or missing, do tell.

--
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16