[arch-dev-public] Bug tracker migration

Frederik Schwan freswa at archlinux.org
Sat Aug 29 23:02:51 UTC 2020

Hi folks,
I'd like to migrate the beloved Flyspray bug tracker to our new Gitlab instance.

TLDR:
- Bug wrangling day on the 13th of September; see 1)
- Flyspray will be read-only after we rewrite the Archweb URLs
- new bug tracker -> Gitlab

1) I'd like to hold a bug wrangling day, where our goal is to close as many bugs as possible.
   Any TU, Reporter and bug wrangler is invited to help out :) Unfortunately I can't offer any cookies that day :/

   Rules:
     a) Bug with no reply for at least 6 months which has been submitted for a different version than the current one in
        the repos shall be closed with a message that a reopen request may be filled if this issue is still present.
     b) Any infrastructure ticket shall not be touched. This will be handled by $DevOps.

2) Afterwards we will point the bug tracker links in the Archweb to the new location and opening new tickets in Flyspray
   will be disabled. The project structure of the future Gitlab bug tracker will be discussed in a seperate mail and
   is not part of this mail(thread).

3) When enough tickets are closed or when $DevOps is tired enough of Flyspray, we'll migrate the rest of the tickets to
   Gitlab. We seek to keep Flyspray as a static homepage to allow the reference in the new bug tracker to old tickets and
   to keep the integrity of search engine results.

Please make sure you all have a working account at our Gitlab instance.

Cheers,
Frederik