[arch-dev-public] Archweb migration

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Wed Dec 16 13:34:13 UTC 2020

Hi All,

Continuing with the efforts to migrate each service to their own, separate VPS,
we are now going to migrate archweb (our site). The tentative date for migration is
tomorrow, 17, with a backup date this Friday, 18, around 6PM UTC. The site will be
in maintenance mode and the service that updates the packages on archweb's database will
be stopped on gemini.

I expect the migration to last around 2 hours, but it might be faster than that. Also, we're
changing the current redirection, which is to redirect anything to www.archlinux.org, to instead
redirect anything to just archlinux.org. There's no rush to update any links, since we'll keep
the redirections indefinitely.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini