[arch-dev-public] Replacing bzr with breezy

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 3 19:26:40 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

As you may know bzr is python2 only, and most distros [0] [1] are
switching over to a drop-in replacement fork named breezy [2].

The latest version just added python 3.8 support, so I pushed a package
to [extra] [3].

I propose we add a symlink from bzr to brz in the breezy package, and
conflict with/replace the bzr package so we can drop bzr, bzr-
fastimport and python2-fastimport (fastimport is built in breezy) and
leave in a world with three less python2 packages.

Any objection?

[0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ReplaceBazaarWithBreezy
[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=883146
[2] https://www.breezy-vcs.org/