[arch-dev-public] Urgent news item: sshd needs restarting after upgrading to openssh-8.2p1

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 17 00:47:33 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I'd like to post the following news item within the hour.

========

Title: sshd needs restarting after upgrading to openssh-8.2p1

Conent: After upgrading to openssh-8.2p1, the existing SSH daemon will
	be unable to accept new connections. When upgrading remote
	hosts, please make sure to restart the SSH daemon using
	`systemctl restart sshd` right after `pacman -Syu`.

========

I deeply regret not spotting this while the package was in [testing].
And I also regret not being able to diagnose what the exact problem is
just now. Given time is of the essence, I propose posting the above news
quickly even I don't consider it a very satisfying solution...

Cheers.

--
Gaetan