[arch-dev-public] Urgent news item: sshd needs restarting after upgrading to openssh-8.2p1

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 17 01:06:55 UTC 2020

On 2/16/20 7:54 PM, Gaetan Bisson wrote:
>> Is it sufficient to add a post_upgrade message?
>
> Probably, yes but then we'd need a new package out of [testing] fast.
> And users might complain that the post_upgrade message wasn't visible
> enough... :)

We could even try to detect a running sshd.service when upgrading from
openssh <= 8.1p1-2 and restart it, I suppose. It should not close
existing sessions, and new ones would not be able to be created anyway,
so there's no downsides to doing this limited-scope restart in a
situation where it is definitely required.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User