[arch-dev-public] Todos for language specific rebuilds

Christian Rebischke Chris.Rebischke at archlinux.org
Fri Jan 10 21:42:31 UTC 2020

Hi everybody,

I would like to propose that we create todos for rebuilds of language
specific packages.

We had two major rebuilds in the last months: python3.8 and ruby2.7.

Can we agree that we create a todo before such rebuilds?
The advantages outweigh the disadvantages. We would gain:

* More people help rebuilding the packages.
* Every maintainer gets informed about the rebuild.
* Maintainers have the possibility to test the packages.

If tools exist for creating todos, I would like to ask the persons with
such tools to make them available for everybody (if not already
happened).

Greetings,
shibumi