[arch-dev-public] Spring cleaning (moving orphaned packages from [community] to AUR)

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at archlinux.org
Tue Mar 3 08:59:46 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-03-02 at 20:59 -0300, Giancarlo Razzolini via arch-dev-
public wrote:
> Em fevereiro 27, 2020 6:11 Alexander F Rødseth via arch-dev-public
> escreveu:
> > It's time for the semi-yearly package cleanup of [community]
> > packages, as
> > is tradition.
> >
> > I have gathered a list of "unneeded orphans" in [community]
> > (packages that
> > currently has no maintainer, and no other package depends on them)
> > from the
> > excellent list on our web page.
> >
> > TUs and Devs, please adopt, if you're interested:
> >
> > adapta-kde - Adapta theme for KDE Plasma 5
> > agg - High Quality Rendering Engine for C++
> > aide - A file integrity checker and intrusion detection program.
> > arch - A modern and remarkable revision control system.
> > arc-kde - Arc theme for KDE Plasma 5
> > aspell-it - Italian dictionary for aspell
> > aspell-ru - Russian dictionary for aspell
> > bar - A script for showing progress bars.
> > bomberclone - Clone of the game Atomic Bomberman
> > cellwriter - A grid-entry natural handwriting input panel.
> > curseofwar - Fast-paced RTS/Action game with ncurses interface
> > dcfldd - DCFL (DoD Computer Forensics Lab) dd replacement with
> > hashing
> > dumb-a4 - IT, XM, S3M and MOD player library (for Allegro 4)
> > easystroke - Use mouse gestures to initiate commands and hotkeys.
> > eclipse-cpp - Highly extensible IDE for C++
> > eclipse-java - Highly extensible IDE for Java
> > eclipse-javascript - Highly extensible IDE for JavaScript
> > eclipse-jee - Highly extensible IDE for JEE
> > eclipse-php - Highly extensible IDE for PHP
> > eclipse-rust - Highly extensible IDE for Rust
> > esmtp - An easy SMTP forwarder.
> > gimp-dbp - David's batch processor for the GIMP
> > gimp-plugin-fblur - Makes out of focus with luminosity and depth
> > gimp-plugin-lqr - Plugin for The GIMP providing Liquid Rescale
> > gimp-plugin-wavelet-denoise - Tool to reduce noise in each channel
> > of an
> > image separately
> > gimp-refocus - A sharpen plugin for gimp using FIR Wiener filtering
> > glide - Dependency management and vendoring for Go projects
> > glitz - OpenGL image compositing library
> > gnunet-gtk - A frontend for GNUnet
> > gtk-theme-switch2 - Gtk2 theme switcher
> > gvmd - greenbone-vulnerability-manager
> > gvm-tools - greenbone-vulnerability-manager tools
> > ifuse - A fuse filesystem to access the contents of an iPhone or
> > iPod Touch
> > iverilog - Icarus Verilog compiler and simulation tool
> > javasqlite - Java wrapper including a basic JDBC driver for the
> > SQLite 2/3
> > database engine
> > matrix-appservice-irc - Node.js IRC bridge for Matrix
> > minbif - An IRC gateway to IM networks that uses libpurple.
> > mod_wsgi - Python WSGI adapter module for Apache
> > monica - Monitor calibration tool
> > mythes-pl - Polish thesaurus
> > ode - High performance library for simulating rigid body dynamics
> > openvas - Vulnerability scanning Daemon
> [...]

And I clementine. I haven't used it in ages, it has several open
issues, and is built from a git branch to support qt5. There is an
active fork named strawberry with proper qt5 support, maintained by
Antonio in [community]. I believe we can drop clementine to AUR unless
someone wants to take care of it until they finally decide to release
something with qt5 support and less bugs.

Cheers,
--
Maxime