[arch-dev-public] Founding an Arch-releng team

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Sat Mar 28 22:55:04 UTC 2020

On 2020-03-28 22:33:01 (+0100), Christian Rebischke via arch-dev-public wrote:
> just a general idea, but wouldn't it make sense to revive the
> arch-releng mailing list a bit + found a release engineering team?
>
> We got a few additions to our monthly releases:
>
> * Arch Linux Docker
> * Arch Linux Vagrant Boxes
> * Arch Linux Cloud Images (soon)
> * Arch Linux Tarball
>
> Would be cool, if we could manage to revive the #archlinux-releng
> channel on freenode, revive the mailing list and maybe even have
> weekly meetings, like the devops team has.

That sounds like a good idea actually.
IMHO the effort to streamline this further is a team effort.
A lot of work in the container direction has already been done by you,
which is great!

The arch-releng mailing list is not dead though. Contributions are
happening, but unfortunately there's noone to merge them after review
currently.
I didn't even know #arch-releng existed. Idling there now! :)
Also, I got an offlist offer for help from someone who has seemingly
been working towards build automation of sorts.

I guess someone needs to add my SSH key to the repo for things to
progress further.

Best,
David

--