[arch-dev-public] GitLab switchover and SSO migration

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun May 17 21:38:33 UTC 2020

On 5/17/20 4:37 PM, Lukas Fleischer via arch-dev-public wrote:
> Email addresses of aurweb accounts have to be confirmed (and accounts
> without verified email addresses are not usable and can be filtered out
> by a simple SQL query). Old accounts have been purged in ~2014 and, to
> the best of my knowledge, there should not be any active accounts left
> that did not go through the email verification process.
I think the other concern here was that after you've confirmed your
email address, you can modify it and it won't be re-verified.

The same rule applies to flyspray since it will email you a code to
complete registration, but doesn't use a verification link when you
change it.

The current state of the forum and the wiki do, however, require
verifying changes of email address for both sites. :)

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User