[arch-dev-public] Add active Python versions to the repos

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Nov 22 01:30:57 UTC 2020

On 11/21/20 11:58 AM, Filipe Laíns via arch-dev-public wrote:
> pyenv forces users to compile the Python interpreter themselves, which
> can take a long time with --enable-optimizations.
> None of the user repos available builds with optimizations, or has
> signed packages AFAIK. Of course they could in the future, but I think
> having the packages in the repos is much better in terms of security
> and usability. I run one of the user which provides these packages and
> I don't see myself fixing any of the issues I pointed out due to
> technical limitations.

Incidentally... if you don't see yourself fixing the
--enable-optimizations or gpg --detach-sign problem for your own builds,
I'm morbidly curious as to the technical limitations and would like to
know why you think these technical limitations will vanish once you're
uploading them to repos.archlinux.org specifically.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User