[arch-dev-public] Autumn extra cleaning

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Oct 5 08:02:47 UTC 2020

On 10/5/20 1:16 AM, Sven-Hendrik Haase via arch-dev-public wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> It was suggested as part of this year's spring cleanup of [community]
> that we should be have a cleanup in [core]/[extra] and move packages
> downwards into [community].
>
> This round only concerns [extra] packages.
>
> Devs that want the packages in [extra], please adopt packages, and TUs
> can notify which packages they are interested to maintain in [community]
>
> Orphaned packages in [extra]:
>
> a2ps
> aalib
> abook
> adwaita-icon-theme (Jan can you just take this?)
> antlr2
> antlr4
> arch-install-scripts

Formerly dreisner's package. I'm upstream for this. One could, however,
ask if this fairly central bit of software should be relegated to
community? If not, I could maintain it...

> asp
> aspell-es
> bzflag
> c-ares
> chromaprint
> cln
> cmark
> convertlit
> cvs
> cvsps
> davfs2
> dcraw
> enca
> expac

I'd maintain it...

> fakechroot
> farstream
> fastjar
> font-bh-ttf
> freetds
> fvwm
> geeqie
> giblib
> gifsicle
> gnugo
> gperftools
> graphene
> gsfonts
> gstreamer
> gtksourceview4
> gts
> gupnp-igd
> gv
> hddtemp
> hunspell-fr
> hunspell-it
> hunspell-ro
> hyphen-fr
> hyphen-it
> icewm
> id3lib
> ifplugd
> ispell
> java-activation-gnu
> java-bcel
> java-commons-net1
> java-gnumail
> java-hamcrest
> java-inetlib
> java-jdepend
> java-jline
> java-jsch
> java-resolver
> java-rhino
> joe
> jpegexiforient
> junit
> leveldb
> libatomic_ops
> libkate
> liblqr
> libmilter
> libmng
> libnet
> libnice
> libnma
> libofa
> libots
> libpano13
> libspiro
> libstroke
> libtiger
> libtommath
> libuninameslist
> libusb-compat
> lua51
> lua52
> m17n-db
> mercurial
> mtools
> munin
> munin-node
> mysql-python
> mythes-fr
> mythes-it
> mythes-ro
> nawk
> netpbm
> npapi-sdk
> nss-mdns
> ocamlbuild
> opencore-amr
> perl-http-daemon
> pkgfile (I suggest we just drop this in favor of pacman -F)

pkgfile is optimized and better, faster, and more featureful than pacman
-F, so it's quite worth keeping and I don't intend to stop using it any
time soon. I'd be happy to maintain the package.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User