[arch-dev-public] Kanboard Deprecation

Frederik Schwan freswa at archlinux.org
Mon Sep 14 15:20:30 UTC 2020

Hi people,

as part of our ongoing unification of Arch services in order to ease operational overhead, DevOps would like to move the kanboard service to
 the GitLab instance [0]. GitLab has a comparable feature in the form of issue boards [1].

The current kanboard isn't getting used much and we'd like to focus our efforts. See below for an overview of the usage lately:

Board                     Owner       lowest "days in this column"

Infrastructure            Florian     513

Bug todos                 Eli         -empty-

Reproducible Arch Linux   Bartłomiej  629

Archweb                   Jelle       489

dbscripts                 Eli         660

Security Team             Jelle       445

Conf                      Jelle       377

Packaging                 David       393

General                   Bartłomiej  239

Docker Image              Santiago    244

We are not interested in flat out deleting everything and realize that there might still be important information there somewhere.

Please have a look at the boards and check if there's anything you know needs to be migrated. At a quick glance, many issues are simply out of date and superseded or already done. If necessary, please migrate the board to GitLab or feel free to create a DevOps ticket [2]

so that we can handle the migration.

We seek to finish the migration by October 31st.

Cheers,

Frederik

[0] https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/infrastructure/-/issues/16

[1] https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/infrastructure/-/boards