[arch-dev-public] Upcoming PHP 8.1 update

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Mon Dec 6 16:48:42 UTC 2021

On 2021-12-06 16:11:45 (+0100), Pierre Schmitz via arch-dev-public wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> a little heads up as it takes longer than expected. I'll start the PHP
> 8.1 update and the required rebuilds soon. I noticed some unexpected
> incompatibilities and I'd like to look into these first. I'll also
> evaluate if we could drop the php7 packages at the same time.

Hi Pierre,

nextcloud does not yet support php > 8.0.
The upcoming version 23.0.0 (currently in [community-testing]) neither
unfortunately [1].

However, the package itself guards against upgrading to php 8.1, so it
should be fine for current installations, but it will make installing
nextcloud not possible for new systems.

Best,
David

[1] https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/29287