[arch-dev-public] Archinstall in [extra]

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Fri Jan 22 18:56:01 UTC 2021

Fellow Archers,

As you might have noticed, archinstall[0] has been added to the [extra] repository.

Over the past months we have been discussing the potential addition of an installer to our
installation medium internally with our staff.

Dave mentioned archinstall in his archiso talk during Arch Conf[1], outlining why we think
it might be a good fit for a non default TUI based installer for Arch.

To make it easier for contributors to find and fix bugs when testing archinstall, before it
is added to the installation medium as a package, we have added it to the repositories
for ease of use.

Please note, that only installations done using the official installation guide are supported[2].
Installations done using archinstall are *unsupported* by our support staff until further notice.

Any issues with installations based on archinstall should be reported to upstream directly[3].
This might change in the future, and users will be informed accordingly.

Happy testing!

[0] https://github.com/Torxed/archinstall
[1] https://youtu.be/prsVk9iaclM?t=1436
[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_guide