[arch-dev-public] Chromium losing Sync support on March 15

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Tue Jan 26 20:53:17 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 09:20:04PM +0200, Evangelos Foutras via arch-dev-public wrote:
> If people are still concerned about angering Google, even though
> there's probably nothing illegal about bundling Chrome's keys (when
> also considering the aforementioned permission from 2013) then let's
> just remove the package from our repos instead of officially providing
> a potentially unsafe and feature-incomplete browser.

Frankly, I'd love to "stick it to the Man" and bundle the chrome keys. It would
place Google in an interesting position.

With that said... looking at the mailing list this feels like doing Google a
favour. Clearly they do not care about their users, and do not want us to
distribute the packages. Why help them keep users for a few more weeks and put
in a liable situation?

It's dissapointing frankly.

--
Morten Linderud