[arch-dev-public] Chromium losing Sync support on March 15

Konstantin Gizdov arch at kge.pw
Thu Jan 28 12:31:57 UTC 2021

On 1/27/21 1:23 AM, Konstantin Gizdov wrote:
> I am not sure how this would be taken, but I propose we not only remove
> it from the repos, but we clean the AUR of Chromium and Chrome too and
> we enforce no one uploads any more such variants. This, I believe, is
> the only way the message will be loud and clear to our users because
> people will have to really share Chrome PKGBUILDs on 3rd party platforms
> as if it were illegal. In the end, this is what Google wants, right!? We
> cannot distribute Chrome's binary nor can we build a functioning
> Chromium. They essentially want their software no where near our _dirty_
> platform. I think we should abide.

With regards to the above statement from myself here on the discussion
of what to do with Chromium given the circumstances, I would like to
apologise both for the way I reacted and the way I worded that reaction.

I did not indent to be hostile towards anyone, much less our users,
however, I do now realise this is essentially what I projected. For this
I am truly sorry.

I was very angry and felt betrayed, but that is no reason to act out in
this way.

To those, I have hurt or in any way offended, I am sorry and I hope you
can understand.

--
Regards,
Konstantin

P.S. Please don't take this email as a way to add or take away from the
ongoing relevant discussion about Chromium's fate. I only kept the list
and thread, for continuity.