[arch-dev-public] News draft: sorting old password hashes

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Sun Jun 6 19:37:53 UTC 2021

Hello everybody,

old password hashes like MD5 are no longer accepted by recent libxcrypt. On
next login user may be enforced to update password. To make sure nobody is
worried I would like to add install message and news post:

Starting with libxcrypt 4.4.21 weak password hashes are no longer accepted.
If you still have one in your shadow file do not worry if you are enforced to
update your password on next login.
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Best regards             my address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)