[arch-dev-public] Mailing list migration (Luna->VPS)

Kristian Klausen kristian at klausen.dk
Tue Jun 22 17:05:38 UTC 2021

Hi all

The time has finally come to migrate lists.al.org away from Luna and to
a Hetzner Cloud VPS.

I will do the final testing today and if all goes well the migration
will be handled tomorrow (23th of June) between 16-24UTC. A mail will be
sent shortly before starting the migration and I don't expect more than
1-2 hours downtime (at worst). If you experience any issues after the
migration, please reach out by mail or #archlinux-devops on Libera Chat.

As part of the migration there are a few technical changes (draft MR
here [1]):
* The arch-x at archlinux.org -> arch-x at lists.archlinux.org aliasing[2]
will be dropped
* SpamAssassin and OpenDKIM are replaced by Rspamd
* postfix_to_mailman.py[3] is replaced by Postfix aliasing

[1]
https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/infrastructure/-/merge_requests/424
[2]
https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/infrastructure/-/blob/a2b8682316e32ea956f6b6efedf4d7cff4f333b6/roles/postfix/files/mailman_compat