[arch-dev-public] RFC: Rename the Trusted User role

Konstantin Gizdov arch at kge.pw
Mon Nov 1 14:08:03 UTC 2021

Hello,

Anyone following the discussion on GitLab [1] can safely ignore this
email, unless they are wishing to participate in the below proposal over
email. In the latter case, please read below.

The discussion on which specific term to use in the respective RFC [1]
has stalled. After a brief discussion with anthraxx (Levente Polyak) and
jelle (Jelle van der Waa), we decided to attempt to remedy the situation
by an improvised vote. People are urged to choose between the following
four options:

- Option 1: Maintainer
- Option 2: Packager
- Option 3: Package Maintainer
- Option 4: Package & Aur Maintainer

If you wish you can cast your vote in the GitLab discussion or you can
email with your choice if you prefer not to vote publicly.

The vote is open for two weeks from today. In the case where the vote
does not produce a single majority, that will trigger the
Two-round-system method [2]. The two options with the lowest popularity
will be removed and the vote will repeat with the remaining two options
only.

--
Regards,
Konstantin