[arch-dev-public] RFC Final Comment Period: Adoption of a distribution-wide Code of Conduct

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Oct 9 11:17:05 UTC 2021

On 8/10/21 10:44 pm, Morten Linderud via arch-dev-public wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 08, 2021 at 09:40:24PM +1000, Allan McRae via arch-dev-public wrote:
>> On 8/10/21 9:31 pm, Morten Linderud via arch-dev-public wrote:

>>> Which should satisfy your current problem with the document as-is. We can amend
>>> and fix it at a later point regardless. Your current issues with the document
>>> isn't a good enough reason to block this process, and we can work it out at a
>>> later point.
>>
>> That would apply if I thought the current version was good enough for
>> formal adoption.  However, I think the current version is unacceptable.
>
> You still have your open Merge Request you can work on after this RFC has been
> accepted. Or do you want us to pause this RFC until your rewrite is complete? Do
> you have any expectations when you will have more time to work on it?

I am objecting to this RFC being accepted, as that would mean adopting a
CoC I consider substandard to the point of being unacceptable.  The
ability to update it after does not change this situation.

If it is agreed that an edited CoC is needed for this RFC to be
accepted, I can prioritise finishing my suggested edit, or equally help
edit any other proposed variant.

Again, I'll note that my objection to this RFC is not tied to my
specific submission.  It is tied to the current version of the CoC being
unacceptable.  My edit may be considered equally unacceptable for adoption.

Allan