[arch-dev-public] RFC: Rename the Trusted User role

Kristian Klausen kristian at klausen.dk
Sat Oct 9 13:06:43 UTC 2021

On Sat, Oct 09, 2021 at 22:03:55 +1000, Allan McRae via arch-dev-public wrote:
> There is potential you already discussed this on the private mailing
> list but I do not have access to the email archives that are linked in
> the RFC.  Nor do community members who are encouraged to comment on
> RFCs.  The fact changes like this are discussed in private is a
> detriment to a community orientated distribution.

Regarding your lack of access to the staff archive. AFAIU you removed
the access yourself (correct me if I'm wrong), even though you could
just have disabled "Mail delivery"[1] and maintained access to the
archive.

IMHO all staff should be subscribed to the staff list or at least have
access to the archive, so if you want I can reinstate your access to the
list with mail delivery disabled.

[1] "Set this option to Enabled to receive messages posted to this
    mailing list. Set it to Disabled if you want to stay subscribed, but
    don't want mail delivered to you for a while [...]"

Kristian