[arch-dev-public] Upcoming PHP 8.1 update

Andreas 'Segaja' Schleifer segaja at archlinux.org
Sun Apr 24 18:32:27 UTC 2022

On 4/24/22 19:08, Pierre Schmitz via arch-dev-public wrote:
> I'd still suggest to provide two different php versions as mentioned
> some time ago: the current "php" and "php-legacy" which will always be
> the oldest supported version. These may provide the versions as you
> suggested: php-legacy provides php=7.4 (and will be updated to 8.0
> soon)

But this means that in case of nextcloud once you update php-legacy to
provide php=8.0 (when the next version comes out) that you then either
can't update php-legacy until nextcloud works with 8.0 or you break the
php dependency to nextcloud which essentially breaks nextcloud.

On a side note I have nextcloud running on my server and for example
currently TOTP is not working as the plugin doesn't install against php 8

Best regards

Segaja