[arch-devops] Moving projects.archlinux.org to luna.archlinux.org

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Tue Feb 23 00:18:53 UTC 2016

On dim., 2016-01-10 at 00:57 +0100, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
> Here is a short planning if we go through this option:
> 1) setup a new cgit on luna (with nginx and uwsgi)
> 2) copy repos for testing purpose
> 3) create gitshell access to users
> 4) plan official migration date
> 5) reduce dns ttl of projects.al.org
> 6) wait for it
> 7) cut write access to gerolde repo
> 8) final repo sync
> 9) update dns records and restore ttl
> 10) take a beer

Re,

To give you a status of where I am.
- A working cgit is setup on luna (accessible via a vhost git.archlinux.org -
no dns atm)
- The cgit is based on our package in community (not our custom version)
- I managed users deploy via an ansible playbook (still few missing)

I need to refine some details of the cgit config. I also need to setup the ssh
and git-daemon access. Then DNS stuff.

I'm planning to finish the config and annonce the migration on a-d-p at al.org
before the end of the week.

Cheers,