[arch-devops] LDAP role

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Tue Mar 6 15:16:34 UTC 2018

Em março 6, 2018 6:58 Jelle van der Waa escreveu:

> Thanks for the list, I've only worked with OpenLDAP on an amateur level
> :-)

It has been a while since I worked with this. I usually only interact with
Microsoft's AD these days. As I said, I used 389-ds when it was still fedora-ds.

> I'm eager to also see a list of how easy it would be to integrate either
> of these options with our application stack, as in what do we want to
> move to LDAP?
>
> * archweb

Django has some ways to authenticate against ldap, so it's a mattter of picking one
and trying it out. [0] [1]

> * bbs

I was not able to find anything for fluxbb. Perhaps because when I type fluxbb ldap on
google it gets into a loop and search all the fluxbb forums on the internet for ldap.

> * bugtracker

Looked into bugzilla (not even considering flyspray here anymore). It has native LDAP
support. [2]

> * aurweb

Would need to be developed.

> * ssh auth?

We get this for free when using pam_ldap. There are ways for us to even store the public
key for the users on the LDAP directory itself.

> * kanban board?

Surprisingly, kanboard also has native LDAP authentication support. [3]

Now, for the things you forgot to mention:

Wiki - Has support [4]
Patchwork (same as archweb)
Zabbix - Has support [5]
Grafana - Has support [6]
Mailman - I found some stuff using external perl scripts, but I don't see the point into putting this in LDAP.

It will require work from a lot of people to integrate all this. I can change application by application, but
I will need help from you guys to test, develop and use all this. The good thing is, since we are starting this
LDAP server from scratch, we can do it the way we want and there's no issues in doing it again if needed.

[0] https://bitbucket.org/psagers/django-auth-ldap/
[1] https://github.com/etianen/django-python3-ldap
[2] https://www.bugzilla.org/docs/3.0/html/parameters.html
[3] https://github.com/kanboard/kanboard/blob/master/doc/en_US/ldap-authentication.markdown