[arch-devops] Centralized log monitoring and alerting?

Thore Bödecker me at foxxx0.de
Mon Sep 10 09:14:44 UTC 2018

Hey,

On 10.09.18 - 11:06, Florian Pritz via arch-devops wrote:
> Another issue I have with using tenshi for us is that I'm conflicted
> about publishing the config we use. I'm worried that an attacker might
> look at the config and try to stay under the radar and within any
> alerting limits we set. Then again, there are probably easier ways to
> attack us. Any opinions here are welcome.

I think it should be fairly easy to put the actual
values/limits/thresholds as variables into an ansible vault, so they
are encrypted within the public git repository.
Just as an idea, I'm not sure if we're already using ansible vaults
for things like that or if we want to strictly avoid those.

Cheers,
Thore

--
Thore Bödecker

GPG ID: 0xD622431AF8DB80F3
GPG FP: 0F96 559D 3556 24FC 2226  A864 D622 431A F8DB 80F3