[arch-devops] forum migration

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Sun Feb 10 18:38:01 UTC 2019

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 07:11:59PM +0100, Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh at lutzhaase.com> wrote:
> I suggest we use Terraform for the actual server acquisition.

VMs and terraform sounds great!

One more thing I just remembered: If we go with VMs, I'd also like to
keep their backups on a storagebox. I'm using a storagebox with borg for
my personal backups and apart from some manual setup to get the SSH key
of the server into the hetzner config interface and create the
subaccount on the storagebox, it works perfectly fine. If we could use
storageboxes for our backups, we'd gain automatic, read-only snapshots,
managed by hetzner, for free and we would not longer need to maintain
vostok. I think it might even be cheaper.

Using a storagebox is not really tied to the VMs, but if we set up new
machines, it's a good time to improve our backups. Once the changes are
stable, I'd like to move existing hosts over there too.

Florian