[arch-devops] [arch-dev-public] Uploading old packages on archive.org (Was: Archive cleanup)

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Wed Jan 23 16:49:14 UTC 2019

Hi Baptiste,

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 10:28:17AM +0200, Florian Pritz via arch-dev-public <arch-dev-public at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 10.06.2018 01:35, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
> > Archival of all packages between September 2013 and December 2016 is finished:
> >
> >   https://archive.org/details/archlinuxarchive
> >
> > Here is some documentation on this "Historical Archive" hosted on archive.org:
> >
> >   https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux_Archive#Historical_Archive

So the archive is still growing and we'll need to clean it up again
soonish. Where do you have the archive.org uploader and is it in a state
where we (devops team) can also easily use it? If not, could you help us
getting it to that point?

We also have an archive cleanup script here[1]. Maybe the uploader can
be integrated there? I don't know how complicated it is.

[1] https://github.com/archlinux/archivetools/blob/master/archive-cleaner

Florian