[arch-devops] Archweb Python 3 update

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Fri Jan 25 15:13:39 UTC 2019

Hi All,

After nearly a year? I've finally deployed the Python 3 version of
Archweb with Django 2.1.5 on nymeria (staging server). So far I haven't
found any issues but I will do more testing over the weekend.

I want to merge the Python 3 branch to master soon and switch
archlinux.org. Since next weekend is FOSDEM I think I'll do it the week
after. So ~4 February maybe.

Feedback is welcome, I'm kind of nervous as this is a big release with
many changes. But this will open the ability to add CSP and other
security headers / 2FA for login.

After those changes the biggest feature wanted is probably automatic out
of date flagging of packages, which could be achieved with repology or
another API. But repology would be preferable since Archweb does not
know about source urls :-) (input welcome)

--
Jelle van der Waa