[arch-devops] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: [Ticket#2019022503014001] miscellaneous request

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Tue Mar 12 18:38:54 UTC 2019

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 at 20:24, Christian Rebischke via arch-devops
<arch-devops at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 09:49:07PM +0700, Sven-Hendrik Haase via arch-devops wrote:
> >    So what do you guys think about this? I think it's pretty good and we
> >    should jump on it. We can't post on Twitter as we don't have access to
> >    that. How about instead offering them to put their logo on the site?
> >    In case anyone is wondering, the price would be 16.4€ per month.
>
> Hi,
> I think "sorry, we don't have access to our own arch linux twitter
> account" sounds really awkward (especially to marketeers). If I would be
> the marketeer over 1000 alarm bells would ring in my head, when I hear
> that distribution/company XY has no access to their own social media.

"We are not active on social media." — end of story and no alarm
bells! They should be fine with a logo on the main website, as it's
done for other sponsors too.

Paying only 10% for an AX160-NVME sounds like a steal. We can then
cancel soyuz after quassel/matrix/phrik have been moved to VMs.