[arch-devops] cloud-images

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Sat Nov 9 19:53:48 UTC 2019

On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 06:42:07PM +0100, Christian Rebischke via arch-devops <arch-devops at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:
> 1. Can I have a web-directory, where only I have access to?

Depends on the specifics, but generally yes. I'm not quite sure why that
is important though if the image is signed.

> 2. Which key should I use to sign them? A new cloud-image signing key or
> my personal key? (I think latter should be enough).

Whatever works better.

> 3. I expect to build them monthly like the ISOs, how many images do you
> want to keep? My current assumption is that 1 year of image backup of
> cloud-images (qcow2) only would cost us around 30-50GB.

No idea how many are needed. Why do we need more than 1-3?

> 4. Do we want to mirror the images?

That's probably the most important question. If they should be mirrored,
it might be a good idea to put them in the mirror directory tree
alongside the ISOs. Then we'd also have to decide if expanding our
mirror tree by 30-50gb is ok or not. Right now, the whole tree
(excluding sources) is around 80gb.

Florian